Who was John Harricharan?

The way I met John was through the pages of one of his books.

To me, John is first and foremost, a writer. Later through the pages of his book, I found that here was a man steep in experience.

John originated from a poor family, however, he has gone far, literally and otherwise. John excelled academically and career wise.

There came a time however, that he begun to go down the hill. First, his career and then the people close to his heart. This must be the most challenging period of his life.

Perhaps you are curious to know the details, I however, prefer you to find out for yourself, the way I had, in his own words.

Suffice to say, I can imagine how humbling it must be for a man to be in the way he was. Better not to give a person something, only to take it away later.

As John says, "I know what it feels like to have my car repossessed, to watch my wife die of cancer, to lose all earthly possessions and start again from ground zero. I also know what it feels like to write an award-winning book, to be written about in others' books and to be featured in the same book with His Royal Highness, Prince Philip of Great Britain, the Dalai Lama and Paul and Linda McCartney. The contrasts bring compassion and sensitivity to one's life."

(Don't want to read? Listen instead).

No comments: