Listen to yourself for big things and small

In the previous post, I talked about heeding the fear that comes through. But obviously, this is not the only use of intuition (or listening to yourself).

If it isn't for our over reliability on our left brain (or our conscious self), we could have been more intuitive. There is a place for our conscious self and a place for our unconscious (intuitive) self and not only that, both parts are suppose to communicate with each other.

If you are not already aware, most successful people are doing just that; not limited to practical and well known business men. Their spirituality is no secret, except that the public are generally more interested in the material aspect. That is how left brain dominated we are.

The successful ones ask themselves on matters pertaining to the stock market, real estate, etc. It does not harm to have a financial advisor or the like but who is the most reliable advisor? You already know the answer.

Still, before they were faced with such questions, they must have been more than just acquainted with this unconscious self; they must have habituated this process, since the day they were born perhaps? Even if they were disconnected halfway, they must have reconnected some where along the journey of life.

This is where we come in. (I am asuming that you are a novice to your unconscious self, just like I am.) We can start small.

It can be as simple as this example. My spouse was suggesting that we go to a particular electrical store to purchase an electric jug. As I was in the habit of getting to know myself, the idea came to me to well, ask myself on this matter.

In response, the feeling I received was not a strong one but was nevertheless, not exactly positive. The feeling was a simple one and came instantaneously (but feelings are hard to describe, especially in writing). Lets just say that I got a feeling that I would rather not go.

I begun to reason with myself; why did I feel this way? There was no reason that I could see so I begun to guess. Perhaps the shop was closed, perhaps we will not be able to get what we wanted. I could not tell for sure, only could I guess.

Sure enough, when we arrived, the shop was closed.

Pratice makes perfect, but this is no training. It is our birth right and therefore, natural to our abilities. Our intuition is only suffering from a lack of use.

(Don't want to read? Listen instead).

No comments: